Unpaid Wages

Helping Employees Recover Earned Wages

Florida employers have both state and federal laws that require them to pay their employees the compensation fairly earned by these employees. Failing to follow these requirements according to the specifications listed can result in some significant consequences for employers.

You may depend upon the wages you earned to make ends meet, and any delay in payment can have a significant impact upon your day-to-day life. If you find yourself having problems regarding unpaid wages from your employer, the experienced Orlando employment law attorneys at Wilson McCoy, P.A. can help.

Fighting For What Our Clients Deserve

With over 60 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers know what goes into making a strong case against an employer who is wrongfully withholding wages. We have represented both employees and employers in these cases, and understand how to carefully investigate these situations to determine what actually happened. Some of the issues that we commonly see in unpaid wages cases include:

  • Unpaid wages for overtime hours worked;
  • Benefits or bonuses that were not paid, such as vacation time or commissions;
  • Weekly wages that were not calculated properly or not paid when an employee departed;
  • Reimbursed expenses connected with company requirements; or
  • Other back pay that an employee is entitled to receive.

Once we review your case, we can help you understand if you may have a claim against your employer, and then begin taking the next steps. We will present you with a clear picture of your options in order to help you move forward.

These cases may become quite complicated, with employers resisting your claims. Know that all of our lawyers have extensive courtroom experience, and we are not afraid to go to trial if that is what is necessary to help you recover the wages that you rightfully earned.

Talk To Our Team Today

We know that you have questions, and we will be happy to answer them as detailed as we can when we discuss your case. To arrange your consultation, call 407-803-5400 or send us an email to find a time that works for you.